Terms and Conditions
- The content of this site is based on sources that we can consider as reliable, but for which we can't guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality. The shown information (specifications, prices, images) should be considered as an indication and can be changed at any moment and without any prior notice.
- All our prices are shown excluding VAT with the inclusive price below for consumers. Our Vat number is 875 720 400
- You can order products displayed on our website on-line or by phoning us on 0845 388 0086 or alternatively send us a fax on 0845 388 0087.
- In the unlikely event that a product is listed with an incorrect price, either due to a typographical error, or as a result of an error in pricing information given to us by either a manufacturer or supplier, we reserve the right to refuse your order. We will inform you of this error and if you do not wish to proceed at the correct price and your credit card has been debited before the error has been noted, we will immediately refund all monies to the value of the incorrect price, and delivery charges where applicable.
- W.E.E.E Regulations. Under regulations introduced in July 2007, we as retailers of electronics goods have to offer take back on your old electronic equipment. If the old products are returned back to us there shall be no cost involved to you other than your return costs. If you wish us to collect goods from you there will be charges applicable, for prices contact our offices.
o To find out where you can recycle your old electronic items, log on to www.recycle-more.co.uk
o What does the wheelie bin with the cross mean? The crossed wheelie bin sign is to inform you that the item in question cannot be disposed with your household waste. It must be disposed off safely by contact your local council services or logging on to websites dealing with disposals of such items.
- We aim to respond to any email enquiry within 24 hours.
- You can pay by Visa, MasterCard, Switch, Solo, Purchasing or Visa Delta Debit card. To ensure that your shopping experience with us is secure, all transactions will be encrypted, no card details are stored at any time.
- Cheques can be made payable to MK Scales Ltd
- For BACS or CHAPS bank transfer please see details below:
- Company: MK Scales Ltd
Account No: 96515449
Sort Code: 53-70-11
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please ensure your payments are referenced with either our order number or invoice number at all times. Failure to do this will result in delays with your orders being processed.
- We DO NOT accept foreign cards. If we receive any orders the transaction amount will be refunded within 10 working days, we will not be responsible for any loss.
- Due to online competition with other retailers, prices can change daily on our site. This helps us to keep our site the best value possible. If a price is listed on our website, that is the price you pay, if the price changes after you have purchased the goods to a higher or lower price we cannot give you the lower price.
- Our delivery prices are quoted on a basis of mainland UK only. For deliveries to other destinations please contact us prior to making your purchase for an accurate quotation.
- All large products such as pallet trucks large platform scales will be delivered within 1 to 3 working days.
- If our courier cannot deliver your goods to you due to there being no one to accept them, as arranged by you, there will be a handling charge equivalent to our costs incurred by our courier.
Collection from our store
- Please confirm stock levels before starting your journey. We cannot be held responsible if an item goes out of stock. To avoid disappointment please call on the day you wish to collect your prepaid goods.
Warranty & Returns
- All goods are covered by a minimum of a 12 month return to base warranty at your own cost. The warranty does not cover misuse/accidental or otherwise damage to goods. In the event that goods are found to have a manufacturing fault the cost of returning the goods to us will be refunded.
- Articles such as batteries or cables are not covered under warranty unless they can be shown to be defective. These are considered to be part of the ongoing maintenance required with electronic equipment.
- In the unlikely event that your goods being delivered are faulty, or if the goods are damaged or accessories missing, you must contact us as soon as possible within a reasonable time following the delivery of your goods. Where possible please sign the courier’s paperwork as damaged.
Your Consumer Rights
- If you are contracting as a consumer, you may cancel a Contract at any time within 14 days, beginning on the day after you received the Products. In this case, you will receive a full refund of the price paid for the products in accordance with our refunds policy.
- To cancel a Contract, you must inform us in writing via email, website contact form or post. You must also return the Product(s) to us as soon as possible and no later than 14 days after you cancel, in the same condition in which you received them, and at your own cost and risk. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the Products while they are in your possession. If you fail to comply with this obligation and the value of the goods is diminished as a result of your handling of the goods (in excess of what is required to establish the nature and characteristics of the goods), we have the right to reduce your refund by a proportionate amount, up to the full cost of the goods.
- Any goods cancelled after the 14 day cooling off period that were purchased in error or are no longer wanted will be subject to handling and re-stocking charges of 30% of the original cost of goods. The consumer will be responsible for cost of returning the unwanted goods complete with accessories and packaging to us.
- To return a Product for any reason, please make contact with us at your earliest convenience to obtain a Goods Return Form which will need to be filled in accordingly and sent back along with your goods.
- Goods that we sell must be in conformity with the contract
Our Refunds Policy
When you return a Product to us:
- Because you have cancelled the Contract between us within the 14 day cooling-off period (see above), we will process the refund due to you within 14 days of the day you have given notice of your cancellation. In this case, we will refund the price of the Product in full, including the cost of sending the item to you at our standard delivery rates and not including any premium service. However, you will be responsible for the cost of returning the item to us. We recommend that all items are returned via a recorded delivery method, as we will not be liable for any damage or loss whilst in transit;
- If for any other reason (for instance, because you have notified that you do not agree to any change in these terms and conditions or in any of our policies, or because you claim that the Product is defective), we will examine the returned Product and if you are entitled, we will notify you of our intentions to either repair, replace or refund via e-mail within a reasonable period of time. We will usually process your repair, replacement or refund as soon as possible and, in any case, within 14 days of receiving the defective Product. If you elect for a refund of a Product returned by you because of a defect it will be refunded as per our refunds policy, including a refund of the part of the delivery charge which related to that defective Product for sending the item to you and the cost incurred by returning the defective Product to us. If you are entitled to a repair or replacement of a defective Product we will not charge you for redelivery of the repaired or replaced Product.
- If you elect to return the defective Product to us using your own courier, we will refund up to our original delivery charge to you, not including any delivery upgrades you may have purchased. This will only be refunded upon the receipt of proof of the carriage costs.
- Any Orders that are over 6 months old and the Product has been confirmed to be defective and a refund is due, the refund will be calculated based on the age of the Order and you will be refunded a proportionate amount of the original purchase price of the Product. This does not include the carriage cost of the original Order which will not be refunded.
- Refunds of any money received from you will be made using the same payment method originally used by you to pay for your purchase and paid back into the same account.